Thursday, March 02, 2006

Lately

This week the Board made the initial decision to close the school due to lack of numbers. Next week we will be holding a community meeting to see if they come up with any alternatives and then we will be approaching the Ministry.
So with most long term planning on hold at the moment it's been good to get out into our cluster schools and help them set up weblogs. We are aiming to get the children sharing their stories with a much wider audience. Also an audience that can provide feedback. We are running everything through one site called ED's Weblogs. My own personal thought is that we structure everything so that the children are using the technology to achieve an outcome rather than the technology etc of weblogs being an outcome. Early days - but they do look good.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel Whalley said...

Hi Richard - sad to hear but i guess of course not unexpected. School's like Matau have all but disappeared - chasing wild cats at lunchtime, being dragged back into classroom after docking in the paddock next door, playing baseball with a pig pen in left outfield, picking blackberries, a whole weeks worth of integrated curriculum in one wood pile...
Keep up the good work around the ED cluster Richard - tried to leave a comment on Ed's Weblog but it won't let me unless i'm a team member - how about some ED Principal's blogging?

1:03 AM  
Blogger OhangaiBoy said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:17 PM  
Blogger OhangaiBoy said...

Tena koe Richard,

My heart goes out to you and your passion for keeping everyone in your community informed in what is happening - and to those nosey people like me who digress from the purpose of one's visit to the keyboard.

When I first came across your blog, I said to myself, "Where the hell is this place ..?"

You see Richard, I'm from Ohangai, Hawera .. and never heard of this place Matau - but with the http://xplorer.xgl.co.nz/taranaki/region/ website I found it.

I will spend some of my precious time to read as much as I can, and will let my Taranaki circle of friends know the existence of your community's blogs .. especially those of the children.

Kia kaha e hoa .. hei konei .. hei kona ..

Harvey Tutauha
Mairangi Bay
North Shore, Auckland.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home